View Single Post
Old 10-18-2015, 12:01 AM   #36 (permalink)
GeauxTigers1
Track Member

Drives: 2017 370Z Nismo
GeauxTigers1 has a reputation beyond reputeGeauxTigers1 has a reputation beyond reputeGeauxTigers1 has a reputation beyond reputeGeauxTigers1 has a reputation beyond reputeGeauxTigers1 has a reputation beyond reputeGeauxTigers1 has a reputation beyond reputeGeauxTigers1 has a reputation beyond reputeGeauxTigers1 has a reputation beyond reputeGeauxTigers1 has a reputation beyond reputeGeauxTigers1 has a reputation beyond reputeGeauxTigers1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubya View Post
I understand that much of someone's car choice is heavily subjective, but I really can't understand why anyone would spend 37k on a Focus. Why the hell is there a market for this car? (yea, I know my first sentence answered this) But I can't understand why anyone would spend 35-40k on an STI either, and that happens. As I know some folks on here also own an STI...and I mean no offense. I'm just not a fan of the visuals or the performance at that price tag. But, to each their own.

From a numbers perspective, it would be hard to argue against the Focus RS. It's quick. But it's still a Focus...It looks terrible. I don't care if that thing had 500 HP, I'd never want to drive in something that looks like a glorified econobox. It looks like Ford's version of a Prius. Awful. And again, 37k for a Ford Focus...I just don't care what is under the hood. Who would want to wake up in the morning, get ready for work, and go out into your garage and see a Focus after you've been walking out to a Z every morning? It's like dumping Kate Upton (insert girl you like) for Miss Piggy.

If I wanted a little more room, and a backseat for 37k, I'd just buy a 2016 Camaro SS. At least I can have some dignity driving that around. It doesn't hurt that all signs are pointing to it being hands down the best all around sports car under 40k (performance wise).

Anyway, I'm not trying to pick on you, I just hate the idea of the Focus RS, as you likely noticed. Frankly, this is actually a good suggestion, based on what the OP said. I just wanted to rant a little bit.
This man...could be my best friend.
Fast Intentions Kit Stage 2 #076 2017 Twin Turbo 370z Nismo. JMS Built Block, Closed Deck 874whp, 803lbs Tq e85 Ecutek Tune
GeauxTigers1 is offline   Reply With Quote