View Single Post
Old 10-17-2015, 09:45 PM   #34 (permalink)
JDubya
Base Member

Drives: '14 Mid. Blue 6MT
JDubya is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by crus View Post
Might also throw the 2016 Ford Focus RS In to the discussion as well now that the specs are out

350 hp/350tq and pretty much the same price as an sti. DAMN!

The Ford Focus RS Will Have 350 Horsepower, 350 Pound-Feet Of Torque

Sti killer
I understand that much of someone's car choice is heavily subjective, but I really can't understand why anyone would spend 37k on a Focus. Why the hell is there a market for this car? (yea, I know my first sentence answered this) But I can't understand why anyone would spend 35-40k on an STI either, and that happens. As I know some folks on here also own an STI...and I mean no offense. I'm just not a fan of the visuals or the performance at that price tag. But, to each their own.

From a numbers perspective, it would be hard to argue against the Focus RS. It's quick. But it's still a Focus...It looks terrible. I don't care if that thing had 500 HP, I'd never want to drive in something that looks like a glorified econobox. It looks like Ford's version of a Prius. Awful. And again, 37k for a Ford Focus...I just don't care what is under the hood. Who would want to wake up in the morning, get ready for work, and go out into your garage and see a Focus after you've been walking out to a Z every morning? It's like dumping Kate Upton (insert girl you like) for Miss Piggy.

If I wanted a little more room, and a backseat for 37k, I'd just buy a 2016 Camaro SS. At least I can have some dignity driving that around. It doesn't hurt that all signs are pointing to it being hands down the best all around sports car under 40k (performance wise).

Anyway, I'm not trying to pick on you, I just hate the idea of the Focus RS, as you likely noticed. Frankly, this is actually a good suggestion, based on what the OP said. I just wanted to rant a little bit.

Last edited by JDubya; 10-17-2015 at 09:48 PM.
JDubya is offline   Reply With Quote