View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 09:47 AM   #16 (permalink)
Minicobra1
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Tour, Spt, 6mt
Minicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond repute

My car had a $5K market adjustment price on the window sticker. I told the salesmen you've got a sale if you just take that off and sell me the car at MSRP. Well, after 2 hours of back and forth negotiating, I walked out twice I was in my car getting ready to drive away and the salesmen comes out and ask what's it going to take to sell me this car. I told him, I told you 2 hours ago what it would take, now I'm leaving. He said to wait and went back in.
They finally caved in and gave me the car at MSRP.

I probably could have got the car a few hundred less then msrp, or even lower if I would have waited, but you got to keep in mind that I purchased the car the very same weekend they hit the showroom floors in So Cal. My car had been on the lot for about 24 hours, so I'm pretty happy with just not paying a mark up. I have 2600 miles on my car now, and loving every minute of it. Don't pay a mark-up, they will cave. The best thing to do is write them the down payment check, so they see you are serious, then claim your price, if they don't budge, then walk away.
370z Tour| Spt Pack|Navi|BERK CBE|Berk HFC's| Eibach Springs| Hotchkis Sway Bars|SPC Camber Arms|15mm Ichiba Wheel Spacers| 19"Factory Nismo Wheels-Matt Black|Stop Tech Rotors|TWM Shifter|3M Tint|Black Fangs|Black Rear Valance|JDM Fog Light| MY BAND-www.myspace.com/petroleum

Last edited by Minicobra1; 02-20-2009 at 09:50 AM.
Minicobra1 is offline   Reply With Quote