View Single Post
Old 10-16-2015, 03:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
Z_ealot
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Touring/Sprt
Z_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond repute
Default How often to change coolant when tracking

Not sure if this is in the right area or not, but anyways a topic came up recently about someone's car overheating at the track. The person who was tracking his car before had mentioned that he has been to 20 track sessions and never had his oil temps go above 240, but within the last 2 sessions his oil temps have shot up by about 20 degrees. What i was wondering aside from doing an oil change and getting better cooling systems in place.....is it possible and or needed that the engine coolant be replaced more often when tracking the car in order to help in getting engine temperatures down thus helping to cool the engine oil or do you not need to mess with the engine coolant besides the regular scheduled coolant flushes that you do when driving the car normally? I know it's a long shot that the engine coolant would have anything to do with oil temperatures, but just trying to figure out why all of the sudden this persons oul temperatures would spike like that. Thanks to anyone that can chime in on this and look forward to any information i can get out of this.
Z_ealot is offline   Reply With Quote