View Single Post
Old 10-15-2015, 09:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Riptide67
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Nismo #0483 PW
Riptide67 has a reputation beyond reputeRiptide67 has a reputation beyond reputeRiptide67 has a reputation beyond reputeRiptide67 has a reputation beyond reputeRiptide67 has a reputation beyond reputeRiptide67 has a reputation beyond reputeRiptide67 has a reputation beyond reputeRiptide67 has a reputation beyond reputeRiptide67 has a reputation beyond reputeRiptide67 has a reputation beyond reputeRiptide67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Riptide's S30 280Z and Z34 Nismo 370Z build thread

After selling my 09 370Z, I went a little wild with, I decided to get into an older Z. I did this while continuing to shop for an R35 or M4. Knowing it would be hard to find one in good condition without the common rust problems of the aging S30. But I lucked out.

I found a 1975 Datsun 280Z, but it wasn't the normal coupe. It was the 2+2, which is a bit more rare. A complete car, with no rust. Still had the original oem polished wheels, emblems, spare tire, tools, jack, and owners manual. It was completely unmodified car with the full interior I near mint condition.

Year and model: 1975 Datsun 280Z 2+2
Original color: gold
Repainted: ruby red metallic
Engine: L28 with Bosch Fuel Injection w/manual 4spd
170hp/177tq
Curb weight: 2,853 lbs
Mileage at purchase: 90,008

Within the first week, I began with three simple modifications:

-removal of the oem front crash bumper
-installed Xenon 3125 front air dam
-installed new L28 valve cover powdercoated black with new valve gasket

Now, onto getting back into a 370Z! This one confused a lot of people including a lot of my good friends on my car team Legacy_Ohana. I was very much in the market for an R35 or M4, just was waiting to find one for a price I felt good about paying for one. I test drove an R35 several months prior and thought I loved it enough to get one. I was wrong after I had recently drove another. I'd then drove the M4. While both were very respectable beasts and had the price tag to go with them, I realized one major thing. I can not stand driving an automanual or automatic vehicle. I decided to part ways with the dream and was back in pursuit of a e92 or e46 M3, since it was always another dream car to own.

Finding the particular M3 package I wanted was difficult and the M3 in both platforms has respectively held its value. After several weeks of searching and comparing other cars, I decided to just wait awhile.

I slowly began to miss driving the 370Z. There are just so many things I love about the platform and yes things I hate too. I'd realized their wasn't really another car out there, that offered it's style, quality, and performance for the price. I began toying with the idea of a new Nismo Tech. I thought about it long and hard. But in the end, it's price tag was not worth it to me. It was nothing more than a cosmetic enhancement. In my opinion, the earlier Nismo was a far more beautifully designed car.

This is where I feel I lucked out again. The Nismo 370Z is a very rare care in the Pacific Northwest. I happened to be cruising autotrader and a familiar car was listed. A car that was at my house two weeks prior and a few weeks prior to that. A 2009 Pearl White Nismo 370Z. I started researching the market to see what they were selling for. This was listed very competitively here, bc it was listed at a luxury car dealership. Turns out my friend traded it in on a Porsche Carrera S.

I made them an offer, knowing what my frind traded it in for. I also knew of the cars history, since I know both the first and second owner. It was well maintained, taken care of, and even had parts installed from my last 370Z. They accepted and didn't make squat off the Nismo. The owner told me he wanted it gone, since they knew very little about the car.

Year and model: 2009 Nissan 370Z Nismo #0483
Color: Pearl White (QAB) 1 of 83 in 2009
Engine: VQ37VHR w/ 6spd trans
350hp/276tq
Curb weight: 3,340 lbs
Mileage at purchase: 45,908

Current modifications:
Uprev Tuned ECU 320whp/270tq
Avant Garde F111 Direction 3 pc wheels
Hankook Ventus V12
Pilot super sports
Tein S tech springs
Spc front camber arms
Spc rear camber arms and toe bolts
Wilwood Front BBK
Z1 lightweight 2 piece rear rotor
SS brake lines
Z1 manifold
Stillen G3
Z1 mani hoses
Z1 rad hoses
Z1 coolant hoses
FI ss non res exhaust
Berk Test Pipes
Zspeed lightened single mass flywheel
JWT clutch and pressure plate
Zspeed heavy duty CSC
SS clutch line
Z1 urethane* transmission mount
4.08 Final Drive ratio gears
Sparco seats
Sparco Seat rails
Gtr start button
Pioneer in dash
PAC-SWI
Nismo rc ducts

Last edited by Riptide67; 10-17-2015 at 12:24 PM.
Riptide67 is offline   Reply With Quote