View Single Post
Old 10-14-2015, 06:59 PM   #11 (permalink)
GunWorxx
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370z Nismo
GunWorxx will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdfan67 View Post
Your gonna get all kinds of ideas from different people...there is no filing under lemon laws as you bought it used. There is no suing the dealer to get your money back and all that silliness... Your out of Factory warranty so unless there is a service bulletin or recall on said component...factory can and has a right to deny claims. Now your vehicle should have power train warranty on it covering you engine and tranny...if you got a bad ECU...Powertrain warranty will not apply !

Now if you bought an EXTENDED warranty , you'd be fully protected , you may have to pay an $50-100 deductable at best...but warranty covers 85% of the car - minus wearables...tires, wiper blades , hoses, batteries ect.

Some if not most people forgo because they don't wanna pay the 25-30 bucks extra a month...but worth it if you need it.

Technically if you don't have any of the above mentioned your *** out ! The dealer has A SMALL PROVISION , 30 DAYS OR 1,000 MILES WARRANTY...IT MAY BE 50/50 IT NORMALLY ONLY COVERS MAJOR COMPONENTS.

IF ALL ESLSE...TRADE IT AND SUCK UP YOUR LOSSES and buy from Nissan dealer next time , and buy an extended warranty and you'll have no worries.
I paid $3,000 for an extended warranty. 48 months /50k miles. They rushed through it so I didn't get a good look at everything it covered. I glossed over it as quick as I could and it looked like it covered everything engine/trans wise. The original owner is a member on here and messaged me a couple of times. He mentioned that it started having this misfire problem around 15-20k miles. Also mentioned, quote "the ECU freaked out and once i took off it started doing burnout and i let off the throttle and it was still going full throttle".

There will be a Nissan Engineer looking at it all day Monday. I feel like...if HE of all people can't figure out the issue, then I should get something in motion.

Also, the car is paid off. I owe nothing.

Last edited by GunWorxx; 10-14-2015 at 07:01 PM.
GunWorxx is offline   Reply With Quote