View Single Post
Old 10-14-2015, 07:55 AM   #190 (permalink)
BlackZeda
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 19 Audi TT RS
BlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
Please explain to me how this current F1 season is a farce? Mercedes was well ahead of the game due to a massive rules change and they are reaping the benefits of their technical superiority. They have the fastest car, and more often than not the fastest car wins. That's racing, pure and simple. Sometimes it is flat out boring. We can only hope that the other teams catch up next year, and that the 2017 rules make things truly exciting.

It may not be exciting, but it certainly isn't a farce. At least what we are seeing with F1 is honest, unlike the manufactured drama in NASCAR. We've got fake debris cautions left and right to artificially bunch up the field, and then of course we have a completely ludicrous championship system. It just isn't genuine anymore.
Mercedes spends the most money on the best engineers and management, so before one lap of "racing" the championship is already determined. The driver or the crew on race day has absolutely no determination in regard to the outcome of the championship. That is F1 and that is a farce.

The following has been my routine for watching F1 this year. I have stopped recording the practices and qualification broadcasts because invariably it is the same story; Mercedes dominates. For the race recording, I fast-forward through the pre-race commentary since it is absolutely meaningless. Just before the start I get a little excited, but LH pulls away and the race is over. Fast-forward through the remaining laps to see if LH has a mechanical problem. When he wins delete the recording. Shake my head in disappointment.

The one bright spot was Hungary where the skilled drivers could be competitive because Mercedes straight-line speed advantage was negated and LH crumbled under the pressure.
BlackZeda is offline   Reply With Quote