View Single Post
Old 10-10-2015, 06:22 PM   #41 (permalink)
thangcu35
Base Member

Drives: '12 Sport/Tour/Nav
thangcu35 has a reputation beyond reputethangcu35 has a reputation beyond reputethangcu35 has a reputation beyond reputethangcu35 has a reputation beyond reputethangcu35 has a reputation beyond reputethangcu35 has a reputation beyond reputethangcu35 has a reputation beyond reputethangcu35 has a reputation beyond reputethangcu35 has a reputation beyond reputethangcu35 has a reputation beyond reputethangcu35 has a reputation beyond repute

I recently switched to Cortex EBC. It's a new product on the market. It has advance features like high end standalone EMS, with 2 optional outputs to turn on accessories base on boost or rpm. It can only be tuned on a laptop, the display unit can be used to switch between the 6 profiles that can be programmed into the controller. It's the only EBC available that can do boost by gear, boost by rpm, and boost by throttle % without going standalone EMS. You have to know how duty cycle work and the concept of boost tuning in order to work this EBC.

For the hook up I always use this configuration. This will allow me to run the softest wastegate spring and still run as high boost as I need to. This is great for boost by gear setups. It works by keeping a balance between the top and bottom ports of the WG, either to apply boost pressure to open the wg valve or to keep it shut (against turbine backpressure). A lot of people end up running stiffer springs when they want to increase max boost due to backpressure forcing the valve open, this setup will fix that since boost pressure can be routed to aid the spring keeping the valve shut.

thangcu35 is offline   Reply With Quote