View Single Post
Old 10-10-2015, 12:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
tmack93
Base Member

Drives: 10 Nissan 370z SC M6
tmack93 is on a distinguished road
Default Caliper Pistons and Brake Pads

So I posted last night about removing the rotor and running into issues, got that bad boy off this morning.

Now I am running into issues of reinserting the brake pads into the caliper, seems some of the pistons are still compressed and make it impossible to place the pad into the caliper. Note: I didnt fully remove my caliper from the car, following a DIY thread I only removed it from the hub and hung it up on the upper control arm while removing the rotor. Now it is reattached in the proper spot over the rotor. I've tried using a flat head screw driver as well as my fingers to push the pistons back, as I've read some people were able to do it with just that. But they do not want to move for me. I've been reading a few threads and done some research on people using c-clamps and such, but would this be possible with the caliper still on the car? Seems like you would have to remove it for this to be possible. I have the sport brakes, if that helps.