View Single Post
Old 12-19-2009, 09:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Togo
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Stuff
Togo has a reputation beyond reputeTogo has a reputation beyond reputeTogo has a reputation beyond reputeTogo has a reputation beyond reputeTogo has a reputation beyond reputeTogo has a reputation beyond reputeTogo has a reputation beyond reputeTogo has a reputation beyond reputeTogo has a reputation beyond reputeTogo has a reputation beyond reputeTogo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4thelaw View Post
The installation of headers is a nightmare from what I read. The benifits of the headers is negligible in my opinion from the results I read.

If you plan on going with a supercharger, Stillen even says not jump on that bandwagon yet as they have found up to a loss if 1 psi boost with headers. Some say that more air may be flowing regardless of the drop of boost but the Z already has headers on it and I can't imaging aftermarket headers being drastically better.

I am not going to go there, same with the pulleys. These mods offer negligble gains that I dont think are worth the install pain or money. The real power is forced induction, free flowing exhaust, and tuning.
The Stillen headers aren't the same as the FI headers so the negligible gains from the Stillen headers don't really relate to the much bigger TQ and HP gains shown from FI. Stillen lost a little TQ and gained only a little HP. FI gained a lot of TQ and gained a lot of HP over a TP and/or HFC setup.

Stillen also stated that the drop in PSI was on their old SC setup, as this one hasn't been tested yet. They also said something to the effect that they lost a lb of boost but not necessarily lost HP due to better flow. Also, all this talk of not installing headers is strictly in relation to the Stillen headers because they haven't had any experience with the FI LTH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle@STILLEN View Post
You are correct, in the past we had customer's install headers and they saw a drop in boost but because of the more efficient exhaust flow they did not necessarily see a loss in power. In fact, many times people reported that the headers felt like they improved acceleration.

With that being said, because we are in the very early stages of all of this, I am simply going to recommend not installing headers until we can test them.

Joe Clem and Koeppel Nissan
Togo is offline   Reply With Quote