View Single Post
Old 10-08-2015, 01:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
GunWorxx
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370z Nismo
GunWorxx will become famous soon enough
Default Just want to share my horror story

I bought a used 2010 370z Nismo(41k miles) on August 13th of this year. I bought it from a KIA dealership that obviously got it from a Nissan dealership. I have no idea why they had it. They have lots of performance cars. STI's, SRT-8 challengers, BMW M3's, GTR's, etc.

Things go well for a while. Car runs and drives great. One day I get in and start it up. SES light on & Idle at 1100 RPM. I drive straight to auto zone and the guy says Cylinder #5 misfire. So I take it to the kia dealership and I stand around for a few hours and they come out to me saying "Did you put bad gas in this?" Um no..it's still on the same tank YOU filled it with when I bought it. I hadn't even drove it 100 miles since I bought it, and it's already got problems. So I ended up having to pay out of pocket for octane booster even though I paid extra for the warranty. They cleared the code and sent me on my way.

It happens again a week later. I take it back in and they give me a loaner car after I had to raise a hell storm of course. Then they tell me they changed the oil for me when I bought the car and put the wrong oil in...So they called up Nissan and got the ester oil. Changed it and cleared the code.

A week later it happens AGAIN!! They keep telling me its because of cold start conditions. It hasn't even been close to cold outside here yet. So this time, I said: "What if I take it to a NISSAN dealership and have them look at it" the service manager says that's fine and he knows another service manager at the nissan dealership closer to where I live. I take the car there and they conclude that it has a bad battery. So they gave me a battery. (194$) not paid by me. Thank you warranty.

Here we are again. The nissan dealership has had my car for 12 days. I don't even know what all has been done at this point. I've been told that the coil pack was replaced, and they said they were going to replace an injector, then the next day they call and say wait a minute, nevermind we are going to do a compression test on all cylinders. That takes 5 days just by itself because they "Dont have the right adapter" So I said I would go buy a compression test kit RIGHT NOW. The service manager looked pissed off at me for suggesting that. Now today they say that they are going to test for a blown head gasket. What the F?? Service manager says he gets all this information from "Nissan". His technicians don't know what step to take next until they consult with "Nissan"? What does that even mean? Are they calling Japan asking what to do next?

I have been extremely patient when everyone around me has been telling me to get a lawyer and get my money back. I don't want to do that. I love the car. My patience is running out. At this point I just want my car back. I could have done everything that they have done in 1-2 days.

Last bit. My car is the only Z car on the lot, there isn't even a used base model or even an old 350z. Should I take my car to a different dealership or something?

/END Rant
GunWorxx is offline   Reply With Quote