View Single Post
Old 12-19-2009, 05:27 PM   #51 (permalink)
370Zsteve
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 Corvette G.S.
370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharmacist View Post
so much nonsene in your post. first of all, a stock mustang would NEVER defeat a 370z on a track actually oriented towards handling and cornering ability.

there you go again with the typical american mentality. you make it seem like a car is no more than the sum of its horsepower. 400 hp big deal. you can get a turbo 4 banger evo X with minimal mods to make that much power, of course it also has excellent handling to go with it.

yeah, i guess all those other automakers that abandoned solid axles in favor of irs were all motivated by ignorance and elitism

and weight-wise, the 370z may not be light but it's not very heavy either compared to other cars of similar size. heck the aston one 77 with all its fancy carbon fibre body i think is only 100 lbs less than the z.

yeah, ford is able to sell lots of mustangs, so what? dodge also made a successful selling car out of the caravan, and toyota sells tens of thousands of corollas. what's your point? Meanwhile, mclaren had a tough time selling the f1. what is your point?

and yeah, the majority of ferrari and lambo owners never track their cars and only drive them on the street to show off. so what? should ferrari cut costs by downgrading the 458 italia back to solid axle, front engine, 5 sp manual, sliding one piston calipers, etc.....

and what do my track credentials have any relevance? this is a topic about the mustang, not my driving abilities. focus on topic
  • I'd take a mustang over an Evo any day of the week
  • dodge caravan is one helluva van
  • mclaren F1 was killed by Ford's own Shelby 500
  • every ferrari owners group I've attended at Lime Rock refutes your contention they don't track their cars
  • you talk a lot of nonsense for someone who has no track cred at all
  • 370Z is overweight, worst feature of the design