View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 06:28 AM   #73 (permalink)
Denny McLain
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z, 96CE hotrod
Denny McLain is on a distinguished road

Engine temp sweet spots are pretty much the norm for almost any car and the traditional way people massage the gain numbers. My problem is no way to monitor the water temp which I also consider is the critical parameter vs oil temp. If ya got something, throw it in the box and I'll nuke it right back.

David Vissard (sp? think I have his last name at least close) believes around 170 degrees to be optimal for making power in a traditional small block Chevy. Bob Norwood on the other hand is an old friend and used to preach to me "heat is horsepower." Bob is a god among the Ferrari crowd ,so tell me what these cars like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle@STILLEN View Post
You bring up a good point about engine temps...I totally forgot that. We will have a set engine temp range that the tests will need to be performed in. We are more concerned with the coolant temp than the oil temp. I will check with my engineers tomorrow morning.

With that being said, you are not wrong about the oil temp rising in these cars and we are working on a solution to this. We work very closely with the Nissan engineer's and they told us a few little secrets about some of results from their testing. We are nearly finished with an oil cooler using a very high quality Setrab cooler. It should be ready in the next month or so.
Denny McLain is offline   Reply With Quote