View Single Post
Old 10-06-2015, 03:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
BGTV8
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z M6
BGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond repute

Review Megan370Z build thread for what happens to oiling system over 7500rpm

There is lots of feedback from JWT about sustained rpm over 7500 and standard oil pumps plus cracks in cranks running race engines @ 8800rpm

The problem with saying "occasionally" spinnng to 8000rpm is that no-one knows how long turning the engine that hard results in oil pump gear failure as a consequence of engine harmonics.

There are a couple of track-only or predominantly track cars running over 7500rpm with the OEM oiling system that have extended engine lives .... others have grenaded.

For me, I will go dry-sump before spinning over 7500rpm because I'll have a 30K engine and I have burned cranks and rods in the past buy not engineering the oiling system properly first.

Tread your own path ....
BGTV8 is offline   Reply With Quote