View Single Post
Old 10-06-2015, 01:41 PM   #19 (permalink)
Z&I
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '09 370z 6MT FI
Z&I is a jewel in the roughZ&I is a jewel in the roughZ&I is a jewel in the roughZ&I is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeSemdyZee View Post
You might like this guy's site. I really like this kind if subject/look also.
Beautifully Decayed / Traces of Humanity" by Todd Shaak Photography
Checked out his site ... now thats a LOT of Grunge !!!
Will have to go back and look at the site a few more times to take it all in.
Love that grunge but too much of it and you start to get hardened looking at it.
I see that Todd Shaak is from St Louis ... I am a member of the St Louis Camera Club there and compete regularly.

Here's a few links to other photographers works that you may find interesting:

Vivian Maier can be described as an original fine art street photographer in the photojournalistic style [read her bio] she has made some amazing photos tin her time.
Unfortunatley she has passed away and her work was undiscovered until a few years ago.
You can enter each of her galleries by clicking on the individual images of the patchwork home page.
Vivian Maier Photographer | Official website of Vivian Maier | Vivian Maier Portfolios, Prints, Exhibitions, Books and documentary film

Michael Massaia is a local photographer in my area of New Jersey.
He is an incredible self taught photographer/artist and has come up with his own unique photo and print making process;
He primarily shoots larger format cameras in black and white.
Scans the sheet film image and cleans and works the digital file to perfection.
Next he creates another film negative to the size of the print he wants to make.
Next he makes a contact print [sandwhiching the negative to the paper] in a contact print frame.
The resulting prints are amazing - so much detail - and with a tonal range that is off the charts.
Michael Massaia Photography

George Tice ...
He's another Fine Art / Street / PJ photographer.
He roamed the streets of Paterson N.J. [where I grew up] through the '50's ~ '70's and beyond.
He shot with a view camera and tripod, and captured the essence of a blue collar town in transition to poverty.
He doesn't have a website but you can google his name and find galleries that are presenting his work.

Now back to Todd Shaak and I'll pick out an image or 2 that I really like !