View Single Post
Old 10-06-2015, 09:25 AM   #14 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Nismo#91 View Post
Interesting and I hope it all turns out well. I am just thinking with half a tank you'll be filling up very often. I'd think a surge tank setup would be effective in handling fuel starve with the stock tank. I didn't go for one just because there's no real place to hide it and wanted to stick with a clean interior, I don't think you have that issue. Also with 95-113db inside I'd be less worried about tickets and more worried about ear protection.
The surge tank was 100% on my mind but after buying a tank, lines, fittings, fuel rails, CJ's return setup, external or internal pump etc etc I'd of been over the price of CJ's in tank fuel starve fix. Who knows, maybe this still won't work, however Chris Forsburg runs a cut tank, not sure about a surge though. All I know at this point is that this is easy and gives me my other 2 wants! (The new cbe and flat bottom with diffuser). As for filling up you're correct. But I've owned dodge trucks and jeep wranglers, I've been used to 200 miles on a tank. My car gets about 24mpg street driving so I'm guessing I'll keep about 10 gallons, so 240 miles will be fine. On the track i guess maybe 8mpg or 38 laps at Mid Ohio which is more than enough for a 20 min session.