View Single Post
Old 10-05-2015, 08:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute

We don't really have noise police here. Just some get mad if it's to loud and will write a $100 ticket but nothing else. I used to live in a EPA county but not anymore. Hell Harley Davidson guys are louder than anything I can manage on the road! As for the track most are around 100db but I've never been told to stop. My zx6r was the loudest out there with a custom full exhaust I made and I never got yelled at and I know I was pushing 130+. Fingers crossed it all works out!

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGTV8 View Post
I was thinking about noise outside the car ... which is what we need to manage to avoid citation by local EPA - my MY03 STi was pinged remotely by noise-police and I was required to revert to OEM zorst pending A$22K fine (I already had 2-strikes, re-installed OEM zorst - noise tested OK and re-installed 4" dump and 3" system twice an EPA knew it).

Not sure what regulations you need to comply with on the road or the track, but here, we are required to comply wit 75Dba @ 30 metres drive by under WOT for track day and 95Dba @ 30m on a race day.

Road regulations are 85Dba with noise meter microphone 1m fro exhaust outlet at 45 degrees and engine free rev'd to 65% of OEM redline at which time the test official side-steps off the throttle ... HFC are NFG as they cause a crackle which spikes the noise over the limit.

Anyway - good luck with your project .... I'll be fitting a 95-litre bladder tank to my car when the cage goes in.