View Single Post
Old 10-05-2015, 08:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
vtec to vvel
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 Z
vtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by danelonson View Post
Is it OK to leave the spare FOB without a battery for an extended amount of time? I just replaced the CR2032 battery on the FOB I use everyday with the one in the spare. I don't plan on purchasing a battery for the spare FOB and figured better to leave it without a battery to avoid acid leak? Will this unprogram the FOB? Will it damage it in any way? What do you guys recommend? Thanks!
unless you leave your key fob in a hot@SS place or dunk it in salt water, i think you'll be okay and not have to worry about the corrosion part.

regarding the unprogramming part, when you buy a brand new TV and not knowing how long it's been sitting in storage or on the shelf waiting to be bought, will this automatically unprogram the remote to the TV? will this damage the TV or remote in any way? i think you'll be okay.