View Single Post
Old 10-05-2015, 08:25 PM   #47 (permalink)
SwissCheese
Track Member

Drives: 2012 370Z NISMO
SwissCheese has a reputation beyond reputeSwissCheese has a reputation beyond reputeSwissCheese has a reputation beyond reputeSwissCheese has a reputation beyond reputeSwissCheese has a reputation beyond reputeSwissCheese has a reputation beyond reputeSwissCheese has a reputation beyond reputeSwissCheese has a reputation beyond reputeSwissCheese has a reputation beyond reputeSwissCheese has a reputation beyond reputeSwissCheese has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zbrah View Post
Installed. It took about 15 minutes. Also I snapped a few pictures I'll post them later in this thread for anyone looking for a guide. I'm taking her for a drive now will give my feedback in a few.

Edit:
Okay so here's a quick guide of installing the Sprint Booster on my 370Z:
Step 1: Leave your door open a few minutes prior to working. I was told doing this will ensure you don't trigger a check engine light after you remove the throttle cable from the pedal. I did this and did not have any CEL

Step 1b: Remove the plastic cover at the base of the gas pedal exposing two 10mm bolts securing the pedal to the floorboard. I used a small flat head to pry the plastic cover out. Once the two bolts are removed, hold at the base and push the whole pedal assembly inward and slides up to lift the pedal assembly out.

Step 2: Carefully unlatch the throttle cable from the pedal.

Step 3: Throttle cable removed from pedal. Becareful not to pull on these wires.

Step 4: Install the Sprint Booster unit on top of the pedal assembly. It only goes in one way. And make sure it is latched tight. Notice my switch is already connected to the Sprint Booster.

Step 5: Throttle cable is latched to the Sprint Booster unit. Again, make sure you have a tight connection here.

Step 6: I routed the switch behind the carpet and up through the steering column. Used a small piece of 3M double sided tape and placed the switch here for easy access, you can place it anywhere you want.

Also, I watched this video beforehand to get an idea of the install. There are some differences but the steps should be the same.

Brief review after a short drive:
I went straight to Red mode and I was very surprised how quickly the RPM jumped through the gears. It was an immediate throttle response. The car felt so much lighter and more responsive than it ever had. Coming out of a complete stop, I no longer feel like the car is bogged down and trying to get up to speed. Rowing through the gears also felt much smoother. Over all, this one simple gadget gave me an enjoyable feeling that no other mod I have done could match (intake, exhaust, tp). It really made the car comes alive! I am stoke for the drive to work tomorrow morning. I can't wait!
Is there any way to make these pictures bigger? They're tiny!
Current Ride: 2012 Nissan 370Z NISMO #0389
Mods: Fast Intentions Resonated Test Pipes and TDX Exhaust with 18" Resonators (#1054), K&N Drop-Ins, GTR Start Button
SwissCheese is offline   Reply With Quote