View Single Post
Old 10-05-2015, 06:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute

I tested before as is and driving on the highway under normal 70mph db was almost 100. I think it was 95db. 80mph was like 98db. WOT windows up or down i was at 113db in the cab. I agree it might be louder. Behind the car i maxed the meter out at 130 with a 5k rev . Normal driving though when its hot its not bad now! It could be a little louder

Why do all that if i dont need to? Cut the tank in half seems a lot cheaper at $150 no? My fabricator suggested fuel cell, external surge tank, return fuel system etc etc. keeping the fuel around the oem in-tank surge and everything OEM besides half a tank seems much easier too no? My fabricator is very worried about not doing an external surge though! He suggested it still no matter what i do but do 370's need it??? I meant id have to do the surge, pump, lines, new fuel rails etc etc $$$

We've look at everything placement wise and still need to corner balance and i did show him the RC rear fuel cell. He thinks low and forward is better even though ive told him im 58/42 weight ratio right now with 1/4 tank of fuel. Also my rear diff cooler and pump are in the way of that setup. We'd have to move it all. For corner balance my way isnt bad since im removing half the fuel from the side i sit on but it wont help front to rear weight. I just need to keep cost down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGTV8 View Post
Single 3" side exit exhaust will be mega loud - maybe 105Db or higher on standard 30m drive-by test, even if you have room for mufflers.

Would be too loud for most race circuits down-under, let alone street.

If you are going to chop up tanks, and baulking at fuel cell prices, then I respectfully suggest you rethink your strategy.

If you are modifying your supply system to a return system, you can do a foam-filled tank (fabbed in ali) and 2-litre external fuel pot .. plumb a low-pressure lift pump from the foam filled tank to the pot and high pressure pump from pot to engine with return line to the main tank - that will solve the fuel starve issue.

If you are retaining the OEM fuel delivery system, your options would appear to be more limited (I assume you;ve already considered and baulked to the CJM fuel system)

There is benefit in keeping the fuel load inside the wheelbase, but even the Nismo RC race cars put the fuel cell in the spare wheel well which is the other option.

I'm interested in your fuel system design in any event - let us know your thinking ...

RB