View Single Post
Old 10-05-2015, 06:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
BGTV8
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z M6
BGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond repute

Single 3" side exit exhaust will be mega loud - maybe 105Db or higher on standard 30m drive-by test, even if you have room for mufflers.

Would be too loud for most race circuits down-under, let alone street.

If you are going to chop up tanks, and baulking at fuel cell prices, then I respectfully suggest you rethink your strategy.

If you are modifying your supply system to a return system, you can do a foam-filled tank (fabbed in ali) and 2-litre external fuel pot .. plumb a low-pressure lift pump from the foam filled tank to the pot and high pressure pump from pot to engine with return line to the main tank - that will solve the fuel starve issue.

If you are retaining the OEM fuel delivery system, your options would appear to be more limited (I assume you;ve already considered and baulked to the CJM fuel system)

There is benefit in keeping the fuel load inside the wheelbase, but even the Nismo RC race cars put the fuel cell in the spare wheel well which is the other option.

I'm interested in your fuel system design in any event - let us know your thinking ...

RB
BGTV8 is offline   Reply With Quote