View Single Post
Old 10-05-2015, 06:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Tree70Z
Base Member

Drives: 2012 Gun Metal Auto
Tree70Z is on a distinguished road
Cool Avic-8100NEX + Focal Components Installed

I just had the following system installed on my 2014 Base Sport:

Pioneer Avic-8100 NEX
Focal 6.5" 2-Way Kevlar Component Speakers
Focal Solid2 Black 2Channel 200W RMS Amplifier
iDataLink Maestro Steering Wheel Control Interface
Sirius SXV300v1 XM Tuner
Nissan Factory Backup Camera

The speakers fit in the door without the need of spacers. The dash tweeters were fitted into the factory speaker housings. Inner door skins were completely covered in Dynamat Extreme. A small square of Dynamat Extreme was also placed behind each door speaker. The amp and crossovers all fit under the passenger seat with plenty of room to spare. The head unit fit into the factory double-din opening without the need for anykind of spacers or mounting adapters. There is a little bit more gap around the head unit than I would prefer, but I think it looks fine as is.

I have probably spent less than 10 hours driving the car since the install, so I'm still getting used to the system. Also, I've heard that kevlar speakers have a break in period before they sound their best. I'm pretty happy with the sound. There is actually a surprising amount of bass coming from the door speakers. I would like to hear a little more detail. I'm wondering if adding a subwoofer will clean up the sound in the door speakers a little.

The capacitive touch screen display looks really nice. It is shiny and I was worried about glare. Between the head unit being mounted down low and maybe because I have tinted windows, glare has not been an issue at all. Not that I never see any glare, but not enough to distract from being able to read the screen. The photo shown here has both doors and the hatch open, so there is an abnormal amount of light in the car.

So, anyway, I just thought I'd share what I did in case anyone has any questions, suggestions, comments or wise cracks.

Tree70Z is offline   Reply With Quote