View Single Post
Old 10-03-2015, 02:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
sambar
Base Member

Drives: 370Z-2012-6MT
sambar will become famous soon enough
Default Fully round vs square-ish steering wheel, alcantara vs leather

So its been a couple of months with the car. I love it, the first thing I want to change (if it doesn't involve breaking the bank) is the steering wheel. The problem is, the sport steering wheel has sharp edges at the 4 o clock and 8 o clock positions, and thats where I tend to hold it when cruising. Not very comfortable. Also, the surface is kind of hard and slippery.

I don't want to get something aftermarket that won't fit the airbags and buttons, also not a fan of carbon fiber on the wheel alone (if I was redoing my whole interior with CF thats a different matter).

I was looking at pictures of the Nismo wheel that has alcantara and its fully round. Thats on the current Nissan website. But I was also able to find some pics of the squared off Nismo wheel. Does it come in two different shapes, or did it change for a particular model year?

I'm thinking the fully round alcantara wheel (if I can find it) will fix both my problems, any other suggestions? Anyone else feel uncomfortable with the stock wheel shape and surface?

Note: I am coming from a BMW leather Msport wheel thats super comfortable to hold so my impressions may be biased.
sambar is offline   Reply With Quote