View Single Post
Old 10-02-2015, 11:17 AM   #10 (permalink)
Dbeckwith
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370z Roadster
Dbeckwith is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopgunZ View Post
Take it from a guy that has been there done that. Get the Motordyne ART pipes if you want the sickest sounding exhaust. It is tame when it needs to but will put fear into people when you open her up with a supercharger blowing through it.

Also, I still cant believe the ridiculous misconception of "lets make backpressure for power". This is complete bs. Yes you will measure more boost on your gauge and if that is what you are after then go ahead. If you want power then open that sucker up. The more air you pull in the more needs to go out. The faster that can happen the more HP is created. Boost in the manifold is nothing more than restriction in the manifold.

Do you guys really think that's a good thing? Just get test pipes..... The ART sound the best. Unless you want rasp and possibly drone then get straight pipes. It sounds mean to some but I think its obnoxious. And your neighbors will hate you.
Yes, totally makes sense on the total air flow/backpressure/HP note. Main reason i switched for now was to save the HFC's until i get re-tuned and get rid of Stillen's super rich ratio that could ruin em. Keeping the HFC's in the garage for now, will likely put em back up when i get re-tuned sometime next year.
Dbeckwith is offline   Reply With Quote