View Single Post
Old 10-01-2015, 09:55 PM   #4950 (permalink)
chadc
Base Member

Drives: 2010 40th.
chadc is on a distinguished road

Received my Fast Intentions S.S. CBE with 18" resonators & HFC with 8" resonators yesterday. P.O. is 1239 and ordered end of May. Installed today. It's pretty fricking awesome.
Many kudos to FI. The workmanship is impeccable from the tube bending, welding, grinding, polishing of the cans to the placement of the hangers. Went together as if it was built directly on the car.
Took it out for a ride-around and my butt dyno had its hair blown back. It just growls as I went through the gears. The engine felt stronger and quicker. Cruising along at 65 mph, I couldn't really say it was that much louder than stock.
About the demon bolt: that one and it's opposite were the easiest to take out. I sprayed them with WD-40 night before and used a brand new 14mm impact socket (no swivel) I purchased from Lowes. I had to use jack handle for enough torque, though. If I had used a socket out of my tool box I woulda been screwed. You have to be squarely on the bolt, though. Maybe I was just lucky, but everything I read in the Forum had me kinda spooked. I think being a Z from a dry climate, no harsh winters might have helped, too. (I'm second owner, purchased in SO-CAL.)
Lastly, I want to thank all the members who shared their DIY's and collective experiences that made this project go so well.
Now I need a tune-up!!
chadc is offline   Reply With Quote