View Single Post
Old 10-01-2015, 06:06 PM   #163 (permalink)
Business Kat
Base Member

Drives: 2013 Stillen SC MT
Business Kat is on a distinguished road

I'm going to keep this updated and to the point because I don't want anyone to go through what I'm going through. It's been such a long process but here's what I can recall. Two main parties have looked at my car. One of which was nissan, and they haven't been helpful, so I don't know how much of what they say is valid. Also, my car has FI so something else I ran into was a vacuum leak which caused a significant cut in hp and I couldn't build boost. All occurrences are inconsistent and random. Only consistent thing was I could rely on my car to crap out on start up.

Assuming I had the vacuum leak:
Car shut off one day while driving and wouldn't start. Nissan said a hose on the fuel pump had come off and $600 they connected it.

Car went into limp mode. I went out of town and a week later I towed it to Nissan and it magically started up again. They cleared some codes and said nothing was wrong with it.

Fixed vacuum leak. If you're facing the hood, bottom right by the wastegate, there's a little plastic part that was crushed for me and so it was leaking air. Stillen said the $5 part isn't covered under warranty because they're known to get damaged (which makes no sense to me)

Vacuum leak fixed:
Car still doesn't know what to do when it starts. Idles are up and down. I start driving and the car spews black smoke out the pipes slowly inching around my neighborhood. A few minutes and a couple stop signs later the car starts taking off normally. At idle the car will still freak out some times even after warmed up.

Got my throttle bodies cleaned. Idle was a little wonky but then cleared up. I engaged reverse and it started acting weird a few seconds later. Waited a min, acted normal. Drove it home normal. Everything's been normal. I will continue to drive it around and see if anything else goes wrong.

Next step is getting an oil pressure gauge and a/f gauge to see if maybe it's a fuel issue.

Last edited by Business Kat; 10-01-2015 at 06:09 PM.
Business Kat is offline   Reply With Quote