Thread: Steering lock?
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2015, 10:28 AM   #6 (permalink)
Ghostvette
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 Magma Red 6MT
Ghostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrot View Post
My only question is this happens only when the steering wheel locks??? Because my steering wheel can still move, and clutch and brake feel fine.
'Steering wheel lock' is kind of a misnomer, what really happens is that the ignition locks and the car won't start. There is a sticky about the steering lock, read that first.

If that doesn't answer your questions or provide solutions, Google is your friend.

The other 'possibility' is a bad battery, batteries fail at the drop of a hat. If yours is over 2 years old, get a new one, preferably an Optima or AGM.

If all that fails, pm me and I'll send you my address so you can ship your car to me. Please include the title and keys. I'll be happy to take it off your hands.