View Single Post
Old 09-30-2015, 12:53 PM   #15 (permalink)
alcheng
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 ZR PW w/Clutch
alcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bshields22 View Post
Good information! Thanks Man. Since my warranty is up in Dec of this year i am going to be SOL in 2016 and on. Since this is also a 2nd car i can be very selective when to take it out.

(open to anyone) but what are your thoughts about this: Say the top breaks...and Nissan says the dreaded words "it will be $14K to replace". Is there a way you can lock it in the "open" position and essentially throw away the key? In other words. Say the top is closed and wont open or it jams half way through open/close cycle. could you manually shut it or do something to permanently store it in its compartment?

if the top got stuck half way, i bet you should be able to (not manually) reverse it back to its originally position, but if you cannot do that, you really stuck, i pretty sure you can "press" the top back into the compartment.

otherwise, you can manually open and close it, but it's a 2 person procedure.
alcheng is offline   Reply With Quote