View Single Post
Old 09-30-2015, 12:26 PM   #14 (permalink)
Bshields22
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2012 Black 370Z-R
Bshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcheng View Post
I have mine since 2011, just hit 4 years and I have 100k-km on it, never driven in Winter, my daily commute is at least 70km thus the huge number on mileage.

over the 4 years, couple problems

1) the frame poke a hole on the canvas, it happened when it's under 60k-km thus they replace the whole top under warranty

2) (1) happened again this year, they refuse to replace it under warranty because the bumper-to-bumper comprehensive has expired, nor the extended-warranty cover it.

I sew the hole and put a patch underneath the canvas, both sides, it's good now. Of cos, you can also bring it to a top-repair shop to get it fixed.

3) just got the rear-latch assembly replaced couple weeks ago, the sensor(s) failed thus has to replace the assembly.

This is my 3rd convertible, the 1st one is a bimmer, 2nd was a 350ZR then this one.

when you deal with a fully automatic top, like the 370z's or other brands, it has so many sensors and hydraulic pumps and lines, expect it will cause some trouble over the time.

depends on how long are you keeping the car and how often do you drive it too.

good luck
Good information! Thanks Man. Since my warranty is up in Dec of this year i am going to be SOL in 2016 and on. Since this is also a 2nd car i can be very selective when to take it out.

(open to anyone) but what are your thoughts about this: Say the top breaks...and Nissan says the dreaded words "it will be $14K to replace". Is there a way you can lock it in the "open" position and essentially throw away the key? In other words. Say the top is closed and wont open or it jams half way through open/close cycle. could you manually shut it or do something to permanently store it in its compartment?
Bshields22 is offline   Reply With Quote