View Single Post
Old 09-29-2015, 06:35 PM   #30 (permalink)
KenB
Base Member

Drives: 10 370ZRoad Black M6
KenB is on a distinguished road

Ok ... as promised, I have an update on my roof issue. Spent three hours with the local dealer today. They have a knowledgeable tech on the Z34 and knowing how many sensors and other things that can prevent a roof from opening, he was careful not to jump to any premature conclusions. Turns out I had a wire fault in the harness. The prognosis came with two choices, 1) replace the roof or 2) try to isolate the bad wires and effect a repair. I went with 2) despite the risk of not having anything to show after spending a bundle on labour. Good choice ... he found a chaffed pair of wires that were rubbing off the roof frame each time it opened and closed. They were exposed enough to short together from time to time but not consistently. The solution was to add a bit of wire to give the wires some extra slack and then good old tape. Problem solved ... Yay!! Only 3 hours of labour. Also had a clutch switch go this summer ... hopefully things will be better next season!
Anyway ... just spent the last few hours of daylight touring with 23 degree C and a lots of sun! Makes all the problems worth it!
KenB is offline   Reply With Quote