View Single Post
Old 09-29-2015, 03:17 PM   #45 (permalink)
Nillaz
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2012 370Z M6 Sport
Nillaz has a reputation beyond reputeNillaz has a reputation beyond reputeNillaz has a reputation beyond reputeNillaz has a reputation beyond reputeNillaz has a reputation beyond reputeNillaz has a reputation beyond reputeNillaz has a reputation beyond reputeNillaz has a reputation beyond reputeNillaz has a reputation beyond reputeNillaz has a reputation beyond reputeNillaz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarheelGolfer View Post
Nillaz,

Which channel(s) did you run the RCAs off the head unit?

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk
I always run RCA's for all available outputs, so on my 8000NEX we're talking about 6 channels. In the Z I only use 4 of them...the front l/r and sub l/r. The rear channels are not currently in use, and while I don't anticipate that this will change it doesn't hurt to have options down the road. I put caps on unused connectors and tape them off to prevent shorts.

For this build I was installing my amp from the get go and thus ran my lines to my chosen location (the narrow space in the hatch directly behind the parcel shelf is excellent for amps with a smaller footprint). For those who are unsure if they even want to add an amp or undecided on where to ultimately locate the amp you can leave the connections under the parcel shelf to avoid unsightly wires. It's snug but I found in my first Z that you can tuck a surprising amount of cabling into this space. You can also gain access to this area by prying up the floors of the parcel shelf with a small flat head screwdriver. The floors are held in place with a couple clips that pop right out.

From there you can run the wires to either the hatch or under/behind the seat down the road. Getting the wires to this location from the HU is straightforward when you already have the dash apart the first time...there is ample room to run wires through the center console tunnel. If/when you decide to install an amp at a later date you don't need to rip your dash apart again...all you have to do is run your power cabling, and this can be accomplished without touching the dash.
Nillaz is offline   Reply With Quote