View Single Post
Old 09-28-2015, 10:51 PM   #42 (permalink)
Nillaz
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2012 370Z M6 Sport
Nillaz has a reputation beyond reputeNillaz has a reputation beyond reputeNillaz has a reputation beyond reputeNillaz has a reputation beyond reputeNillaz has a reputation beyond reputeNillaz has a reputation beyond reputeNillaz has a reputation beyond reputeNillaz has a reputation beyond reputeNillaz has a reputation beyond reputeNillaz has a reputation beyond reputeNillaz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopin_guy88 View Post
Thanks -- appreciate the feedback. The more time I spend reading and everything, if I'm going to have the dash open in everything -- maybe it makes sense to at least add an amp to the system when doing all this work??

If I do ultimately decide to add an amp, it will still be *without* a sub. Just not going to give up what little cargo space our cars have.

That being said -- if I get a decent 2 channel or 4 channel amp (to run bridged) -- I will be able to get a lot more out of an after market set of components correct??
Chopin, if I may give a piece of advice....even if you are still undecided on whether or not to install an amp, while you have the dash apart for the HU install be proactive and run the RCA's/remote lead anyway. It's a tiny bit of extra work now to avoid a whole lot of hassle later. Plus, it will limit potential damage to your interior plastics. Our dash pieces were not meant to me ripped apart repeatedly and are prone to scratching/marring. Overall the fewer times you have to disassemble them the better off you will be.

At the end of the day it's your car and by all means you should do whatever you want with it, but you will never regret running those wires even if you ultimately don't use them. On the other hand, if you decide to run an amp at some point in the future you will be kicking yourself for not doing this the first time around.
Nillaz is offline   Reply With Quote