View Single Post
Old 09-28-2015, 02:24 PM   #58 (permalink)
TopgunZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 06 350Z , 09 370Z MT
TopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond repute

I had the Boosted Performance Kit and I opted to switch to a supercharged kit.

Now, that's mostly because I enjoy "tinkering" on my car and spending time in the garage drinking beer and listening to music.

I also have roughly the same amount of horsepower from my stillen kit as I did my BP kit. However, had I wanted to crank up the boost on the BP kit it would have been as simple as turning a knob and getting a retune. I have pretty much maxed out the stillen kit since I am already overspinning the SC per Vortechs calculator.

The BP kit is a torque monster though and will kick you in your pants when she hits 3200rpms. However it does taper off up top and feels like it does not pull as hard. The SC pulls harder and harder and obviously hardest up top where the most boost is made. Its a completely different feel.

My Positive Displacement roots SC fell on its face due to heat after 5200K because it was way undersized for the VQ35DE engine. Supposedly Gamma Motorsports is coming to the market with a new design but we will see.

I have a very interesting dyno graph for you guys at home of my pulls. Ill snap a pic of it and post it here. It does some comparisons.