View Single Post
Old 12-19-2009, 09:23 AM   #35 (permalink)
Modshack
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Sport
Modshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK370Z View Post

I have just filled up my gas tank to the brim and my last fuel dot is not lit up. This happened to me last two times too. After driving lets say 30-40 miles, the last led becomes visible again (sometimes). Weird

Good info DIGItonium. Your statement makes sense because sometimes the last dot did lit up after driving for a little while. Not sure what's the cause of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMWEZL View Post
Yeah mines has been hit or miss these past 7 months. Most of the time it fills up to the last dot. Other times it looks just like your picture.
The reason for this is that the last contact on the sender spends more time uncovered by fuel then any of the others. This gives corrosion a chance to build up. When you fill up, the connection for the last light is not made because of this. As you drive a bit the sloshing fuel moves the contact arm up and down over that last connection. The corrosion is scrubbed off anf the light illuminates. Again, a bottle of Techron concentrate at your next fill-up will go a long way toward keeping these contacts clean..

Steal my car! (SOLD)...Now Porsche Cayman S
Oil Cooler DIY: Here!
Modshack is offline   Reply With Quote