View Single Post
Old 09-28-2015, 04:50 AM   #56 (permalink)
BOLIO 671
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: To & From then Back
BOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOHUNTER View Post
2 words.

Boosted Performance.

You'll never look back.

Although the Stillen supercharger kit is pretty reliable at 8psi, with stock cats and a Proper tune. Hell, i bagged on mine for 3 years. But also had a lot of issues with little things over the years. this is part of owning a Factory NA car that is boosted, maintenance has to be done. We all know the flaws in the stillen kit and I'm not going to get into it.

If i was going to do my build all over again, I would go turbo, no question.

But thats me.

I wouldn't worry about the strength of the the Vhr37, people are running 500whp all day long
Can U or any former/current Stillen Kit owners pls Chime in on what the flaws of the kit are.....I have read about the Stillen Kit on the forums and found issues about people being very dissatisfied with the box tune and the kit not producing enough power for the amount of money they paid for it.....From what I have read the Stillen Tune is conservative to day the least....I have read some issues about owners such as Swiss370 blowing his stock cats from the increased ETH associated with going F.I. I also noticed that a lot of guys that did have issues with the kit were those that started doing upgrades to impellers/pulleys etc.....

So is the Stillen Kit at its "straight our of the box" form really unreliable even with a proper tune? Any information on what exactly is unreliable on the Stillen Kit straight out of the box is greatly appreciated.
2013 Nismo Z34 / FI TT #091 / IG: @lilzilla_z34
BOLIO 671 is offline   Reply With Quote