View Single Post
Old 09-26-2015, 10:55 PM   #55 (permalink)
bartly
Base Member

Drives: Jeep
bartly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthArk370Z View Post
The 370Z engine is not weak it's just that, in sports car applications, people are more likely to push things to the limit and beyond. Keep the boost reasonable and the engine should be safe.
I get that it is a good strong engine. I've just been wondering what the average # of small issues introducing FI gets you into that leaving it stock doesn't. You know the kind of issues that become nuisances over time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwick View Post
If you boost it properly, maintain it, have a quality tune and keep the power reasonable there is no reason it can't be a reliable DD. I DDed mine until I bought a truck. Never had an issue. Car cranks everytime, runs great, makes good power and is a joy. If you want to boost just do your research and ask questions. There are a bunch of us that are more than willing to help you along the way.
I guess "properly" is the key word here. That's great news on never having an issue, I guess time will tell if I ever really get the bug. But it sure sounds fun. Good to have guys out there that know the details. Still have sticker shock on the prices compared to jeep turbos, you know the kind that will make a Jeep get 9.6 second 0-60mph times, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOHUNTER View Post
2 words.

Boosted Performance.

You'll never look back.

Although the Stillen supercharger kit is pretty reliable at 8psi, with stock cats and a Proper tune. Hell, i bagged on mine for 3 years. But also had a lot of issues with little things over the years. this is part of owning a Factory NA car that is boosted, maintenance has to be done. We all know the flaws in the stillen kit and I'm not going to get into it.

If i was going to do my build all over again, I would go turbo, no question.

But thats me.

I wouldn't worry about the strength of the the Vhr37, people are running 500whp all day long
It's the "issues with little things" you mention. Wondering if these were related to introducing FI to the car. If so I'd assume you got them all worked out, if not related, then that is cool to hear. If they were related did they ever wear on you, and make you say "jeez, what now". Sincerely curious.

Sorry to crash into this thread, but I suppose it's at least on topic.
bartly is offline   Reply With Quote