View Single Post
Old 09-26-2015, 04:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
Boosted Performance
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Z's
Boosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwick View Post
It's because it's not a DD that I check it over so much but I'm also the guy that pops the hood and does visual inspection and checks oil while I wait for the gas to pump. I've done that on every car I've ever owned.

The checks I do caught what could have been a serious issue. The silicon hose on the charge pipe dried up and started cracking. Had I not been checking it I wouldn't of had any pressure source being fed to the WGs.

I'm also a structural engineer so I believe in overkill

I should probably amend my statement above. I don't do it every time I start the car. I do it prior to pulling it out of the garage each time.

I understand completely...hence my post about the opposite side of the spectrum. I think it a personal thing, and the amount of maintenance an owner feels is necessary can vary drastically. Your kit and my kit for example are very much the same even though they are two different platforms, but as you can see I am quiet the opposite when it comes to maintenance/inspections.

The one thing I will say is that I sometimes check under the car for signs of oil leaks...usually when I back out of the garage. Never been an issue, but it is important.

I also have a Haltech EMS on my car, and it has a lot of safety features that UpRev does not, so there is a certain comfort level with that as well. Such a shame that Haltech has not developed anything for the VHR cars.
IG @boostedperformanceyeg
Boosted Performance is offline   Reply With Quote