View Single Post
Old 09-26-2015, 11:37 AM   #6 (permalink)
jwick
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '10 G37 6MT
jwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted Performance View Post
I don't do any of the above...

The car is not a DD, and I put about 5k on it every summer. There is really nothing special that I do outside of the OEM recommended things (oil change, filter cleaning, other fluid checks...etc.)

The car (06 350Z with the BP twin scroll kit) now has almost 40, 000 boosted miles. I have never had any issues.

I do check things over every spring before the car hits the road.

It's because it's not a DD that I check it over so much but I'm also the guy that pops the hood and does visual inspection and checks oil while I wait for the gas to pump. I've done that on every car I've ever owned.

The checks I do caught what could have been a serious issue. The silicon hose on the charge pipe dried up and started cracking. Had I not been checking it I wouldn't of had any pressure source being fed to the WGs.

I'm also a structural engineer so I believe in overkill

I should probably amend my statement above. I don't do it every time I start the car. I do it prior to pulling it out of the garage each time.

jwick is offline   Reply With Quote