View Single Post
Old 09-26-2015, 09:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
jwick
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '10 G37 6MT
jwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Forced Induction Maintenance/Upkeep

I'll preface that I don't daily the G anymore but here's what I do every time before I hit the start button.

- Check all fluid levels
- Check all AN hoses and fittings for leaks
- Check all silicon hoses (at least the ones I can see without getting under the car) for signs of heat impact and cracking in general. Make sure all zip ties at splices (i.e. Three ways and Tees) are in good order and there aren't any leaks.
- Visual inspection that kit items (AN hoses, IC piping, etc) aren't rubbing anywhere. I zip tie radiator hose between points of concern to eliminate clearance issues.
- Turn off traction control.
- I run with Cypher open monitoring items very time I drive it. Probably overkill but I have a tablet so it's pretty easy.
- Always monitor AFR and fuel pressure. I make sure both AFR and fuel pressure are working properly prior to WOT. Verify car enters closed loop properly from light acceleration, cruise and idling. Give it slight positive pressure and make sure it switches from closed to open loop and back to cursing AFRs.
- Always warm the car up before any spirited driving. Up to at least 170. I don't boost until she's at oil cooler thermostat temp of 180.
- Always cool the car off prior to shutting it off. If your tuner did his job your fan speed control should have been adjusted. Kick the AC on high to help pull more air through the oil cooler. Get it to 190 or lower prior to turn off.
- Be gentle that last mile or so from home. Don't boost right up to your driveway.
- I don't recommend running much past a quarter tank of gas. Having fuel starvation in a turn and leaning out could pop the motor.
- Change oil every 3,000 miles or six months. Use synthetic. I run Rotella and my oil analysis have never been better.
- Run injector clearer every oil change.
- Every couple months or at least each oil change do the same checks listed at start on the underside of the car.

Probably leaving some stuff out but this should be a good start. It's a car if you take care of it, it should take car of you.

Most importantly, Enjoy the car!

Last edited by jwick; 09-26-2015 at 09:50 AM.
jwick is offline   Reply With Quote