View Single Post
Old 09-25-2015, 11:23 PM   #42 (permalink)
zephyrzone
Base Member

Drives: 12 Nissan 370Z MB A7
zephyrzone is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhandy View Post
My auto does shift faster depending on throttle. Drive it easy and shifts normal but due to all the changes it shifts faster with more input. I too loved the s-tronic but I was really surprised in manual mode the firmness and quickness of the shifts. You will laugh at how big a difference it makes with the auto trans. You can even use the manual model for the auto for even more aggressive action. The car drives just as easy, no twitchy at all, just all so freaking much better. I've been leaving it in green mode and loving every minute! Your Z is probably 1000lbs lighter than the TT. Crazy what losing weight does. My A4 was also 1k heavier than the A3, hated the heavy quattro feeling.

Brian in Bakersfield...
Use the manual mode for the auto mode? I'm not really sure what that means. Do you mean just clicking the paddles while it's in Auto? I LOVE that feature. The Auto tranny with paddle shift in this car was a huge selling point for me. I've been driving manuals for years and thought I would never get an auto but I moved to the Bay area and traffic sucks so I decided my next car needed to have the option for auto or manual. I was looking at the BMW and Porsche PDK but didn't realize just how good the true manual of the Z was until I test drove it. I honestly can't imagine passing it up for the manual, it really is the best of both worlds. My 2001 Acura CL Type S had the manumatic too, but it was sllllooooooooow as hell (like every other true auto I've driven). I never used it because it was so slow. The Z is lightening quick on downshifts and the upshifts are very good, almost dual clutch good, but sometimes for whatever reason they're slower. I think it depends on throttle input.

I got my Sprint Booster today and installed it 2 hours ago. WOW! You were so right! The difference is immense. I agree that red is too aggressive, it feels like it's on boil at all times. I really, really like the green though. It feels exactly like I expected the car to feel from the factory and THE MANUAL SHIFTS ARE WAY FASTER. That's exactly what I was hoping for! No more delay in the throttle and faster shift. It is just awesome.

Thanks for your responses on this! The car is damn near perfect now. That delay and occasional slow(ish) upshifts were a little annoying, although honestly, not bad. But wow, now they're fixed. I've never driven a car with a tranny I like better than this one now.
zephyrzone is offline   Reply With Quote