View Single Post
Old 09-25-2015, 04:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
x2o
Base Member

Drives: Boosted 370z
x2o has a reputation beyond reputex2o has a reputation beyond reputex2o has a reputation beyond reputex2o has a reputation beyond reputex2o has a reputation beyond reputex2o has a reputation beyond reputex2o has a reputation beyond reputex2o has a reputation beyond reputex2o has a reputation beyond reputex2o has a reputation beyond reputex2o has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by osbornsm View Post
From what i've heard about UpRev...

the License is part of the UpRev cable... so if you have said cable, you should have a license too.

Or i could be totally wrong, but that's what i remember seeing.
Yeah I believe you are correct, but when a shop sells the tune they use their own cable with multiple licenses and don't include a cable after the tune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan@Fontana View Post
Call UpRev and speak with either Hans or Jared,

if my memory serves me right you'll have to purchase an Uprev Cable with Tuner capability so that you can view and edit the maps. the Osiris cable will not allow you to view or open the maps so you won't be able to see what you want to see. but you'll still be able to dump the rom and maybe uprev can tell you what each map is for.
Thanks for the info, going to go ahead and try to get in touch with one of them to see what all I'll need to purchase.

I personally don't plan to tune it myself, and the problem is the only "local" UpRev tuner (2 hour trip) has gotten some pretty negative reviews here on this forum, and I don't feel comfortable doing that.

Was planning on having someone reputable do an e-tune, I think it's called? I can rent time on a dyno to get pulls and send logs or however people do it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by firulice View Post
I was in the same situation as you minus the supercharger. I bought my car from Florida and drove it to Utah, found out it was up rev tuned and had no idea which map I was in. All you have to do is buy a cable. If you buy a tuner cable you can tune it yourself or you can buy a standard cable and have it tuned remotely. or you can just go to a local tuner let him tune it Since you already have the license then you don't have to buy a cable, you just pay for the tuning services. I would suggest at least having a cable so you can check your data logs and also check and clear codes. feel free to reach out with any other questions. I had mine tuned by Seymore4 and he does a great job doing etunes. Either way you don't need to pay for a license which is a win
Oh at least I'm not alone, I was planning on having it tuned remotely as well. Was hoping I wouldn't have to pay for a second license! Might reach out to Seymore4 if he still offers this. Shame Kaizen didn't have the info on the tune but after x years i wouldn't have expected any different.
Whiteline: 27mm Front | 24mm Rear | Swift Springs
x2o is online now   Reply With Quote