View Single Post
Old 09-25-2015, 02:10 PM   #1326 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzDz View Post
I was told by my mechanic the z1 elimination csc kit was the best but its ... hard to install
Dropping the transmission is by no means an easy job, but the Z1 CSCEK install is no more difficult than a clutch install (it is easier, actually). I would venture a guess that your mechanic is incompetent

I did the install with the help of a more mechanically inclined friend than myself along with a $120 transmission jack from Harbor Freight that I'll never use again. Neither one of us had ever dropped a transmission before, but he was confident and took the lead. We did it on jack stands in my garage with both our tools over the course of a weekend (two full days). Had it installed and test driven and adjusted by 7 pm on Sunday evening.

I wouldn't want to do it again, but if we had to I bet we could shave 4 hours or more off the time it took us initially.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote