View Single Post
Old 09-25-2015, 12:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
Bshields22
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2012 Black 370Z-R
Bshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RN SHARK View Post
As a long time convertible 240SX owner, you should ALWAYS store the top in the up position for longevity of the canvas. Also, use Raggtop products to protect it from dry rot, helps keep the stitching from fraying, sun damage, etc. I replaced the 240's top 8 years ago and it still looks perfect, no fold lines, no sun damage. And I put it down all the time and lived in San Diego up until last year.
Thank you for the insight. This is my first convertible and it is also a 2nd car. primarily for the weekends, track days and rallies. I always though it might be best to limit the amount of movement of the hydraulic system. Since I ALWAYS put the top down when i drive it, I though that it might be best if i just keep it down that way i extend the life of the system. Usually I will put it up if I need to park and there is no shade or it starts raining mid-drive.

This is all a self proclaimed theory though.

With that said, let me know what you think. Or anybody else too!

Thanks guys.
Bshields22 is offline   Reply With Quote