Thread: 2015 Nismo
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2015, 05:36 AM   #406 (permalink)
roplusbee
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2007 350Z NISMO
roplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to roplusbee Send a message via Yahoo to roplusbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey View Post
I have driven both quite a bit and I like the '15 better than the '14 for a street car. I have also driven a Sport Package Z (but not a 13+) and the '15 NISMO is definitely stiffer than the 2009 - 2012 Sport Package.

So, I don't know if the '13+ Sport Package is as stiff as the '15 NISMO or not, but the '15 NISMO is definitely not as stiff as the '14. For me, that works, as do the Recaro seats, navigation, Bose stereo with bluetooth, Homelink, et cetera et cetera that my '14 did not have.

For a race car... I would be putting Konis on anyway and it's not like I couldn't find a set of NISMO linear springs if those were the best thing you can get for the car... Or I'd do coilovers. As far as the aerodynamics, I've heard dumber things being done but I don't really know why Nissan would redesign the body kit for looks and hamper performance. It's not like the old setup was ugly, I would have traded my '14 for a '15 that was the same body kit but with the Recaros, Tech package, etc.

What I'm saying is, I didn't swap to a '15 because of the looks. I did it for the content. It's not that I don't like the looks better, but not THAT much. I think the *automatic* and the upgraded seats and such have brought more "new" people in to look at the NISMO - especially the Automatic. Because a lot of old guys who buy $45K toy cars want automatics... Why, I have no idea.
How does the 15 behave as opposed to the 09-14? Are the suspension changes strictly for comfort or did they keep the performance level? There are only 2 things that interest me about the 15+ over the 09-14..........LED running lights (another attempt to keep idiots from hitting my car) and the seats.
2007 350Z NISMO #0618: Zerolift | UPREV | F.I. | Greddy | Competition Clutch | Injector Dynamics | Aeromotive | Pioneer | JL
roplusbee is offline   Reply With Quote