View Single Post
Old 09-21-2015, 03:12 PM   #22 (permalink)
Ghostvette
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 Magma Red 6MT
Ghostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
I'm sure this lift system could handle it just as well as the jack stands. I have dropped the Z transmission on jack stands in my garage. I don't recommend it, and I probably would never do it again. But totally doable provided you don't need to pull the transmission completely out from under the car.
I pulled the trans out of my son's Z32, it cost me 4 stitches in my thumb and a screwdriver I imbedded in the wall of the garage, when the trans fell off the jack. Fortunately, it was only about 4 inches to the ground, my thumb broke most of the fall...

But, back on topic: It looks like a pretty solid system to do some simple things, like oil changes.