View Single Post
Old 09-21-2015, 09:26 AM   #6 (permalink)
burntz
Base Member

Drives: 15 370 Sport 7AT
burntz is on a distinguished road

I'll jump in here, rather than start a new thread...

I have a 3 month old MB Z that i am about to do this exact thing to; polish with m205 to go for a show car shine because(1) "everything's shiny Capt'n" is my favorite quote and (2) I just bought a new RO polisher / pads / compounds and cleaned up my wife's 2011 dark blue Prius to get top $ trade on a new Subaru Forester, when I was done ( and I to watched all the Junkman's excellent videos!) it was a gorgeous blue ( just ignore the Prius part) it really outshined my Z, which is new/ flawless paint , clayed, with 2 layers of Meguirs Ultimate paint sealant and a layer of good carnuba wax to boot.

so I'll be testing this theory out v soon and will report back, the Z; under my bear flashlight's beam(a Cree 3 led light I scan the backyard/ woods with at night before letting the mutts(pugs) out ever since letting them out one night while Yogi bear was emptying our bird feeders of tasty sunflower seeds) beam I can read newspaper print in, but can see the faintest spread out orange peel type pattern across the clear coat which (I think/ hope) will polish out and if I get the same results as the blue on the Prius shined up to I'll do the chubby checker dance like junkman, just not on my hood.
burntz is offline   Reply With Quote