View Single Post
Old 09-20-2015, 09:29 AM   #7 (permalink)
Zilverz
Base Member

Drives: 14 Tour/Sport/Nav/AT
Zilverz is on a distinguished road

Completely stock Z going from oem paper to these R2Cs

Installed these filters this week. Only a few WOT i have been able to pull off, it has been raining like crazy in florida. I would say the sound at idle isnt much noticeable, but as soon as you give it additional rpm you can definately tell. You can hear the air rushing through them were the oem paper would seem somewhat muffled in comparison. It is like taking a big inhale through a clear nose. I would not say it is louder, it is possible it maybe just slightly quieter from the absence of that restriction. I maybe wrong hard to say not listening side by side. I definately have not driven it enough for the ecu to recalibrate yet, so not sure on HP or MPG yet. I am not sure i would even be able to tell of something that might yield a 1% increase. The sound of the air rushing through it though leads me to believe it is flowing a lot better than oem, whatever the ecu plans to do with that extra air we will see. Loving it and would never go back to the oem paper at this point. i would post a followup impression later.

I personally removed the R2C logo in the top left corner. R2C told me it would be fine just be careful of the urethane and media. they also said that they tested it with and without it and were getting 400 scfm. my alien brain wanted to remove it though and not have it in there. it is a thin piece of metal with a dab of glue behind it. you can take a small razor under the urethane if you want and i used a steak knife gently prying in the center and got it off in under 5 minutes each.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20150917_135523.jpg (775.5 KB, 135 views)
Zilverz is offline   Reply With Quote