View Single Post
Old 09-20-2015, 12:22 AM   #5 (permalink)
zephyrzone
Base Member

Drives: 12 Nissan 370Z MB A7
zephyrzone is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBLUE View Post
I actually have the exact same noise on my 2010 roadster. Sounds like a plastic clip rolling around on the metal floor behind the drivers seat. I also thought it was in the convertible top storage cubby but couldn't find anything in there. I'm planning to remove the plastic trim behind the seat to find it. I'm sure it's a trim clip or harness clip that worked loose. Let me know what you find! Good luck!
YES! That is exactly the same noise. Were you able to look around in the cubby to make absolutely sure it's not down there? It seems like the only place it could possibly be. I'm sorry to hear you're having the problem because it's annoying as hell, but at the same time I have to say I am relieved it isn't just me.

I was going to try and look in the cubby first then I was going to do exactly what you are for the next step and remove the plastic trim behind the seats. That area is where the sound is coming from. I'm taking apart the center console next weekend to see if I can find anything. I'll let you know.

The only other noise in the entire car is a tapping sound coming from the driver's side in the "B-pillar". I found that one. There's a bungee for the top that runs through a retaining ring/clip. The ring is tapping against the structure. It's secure on the passenger side, but came loose on the driver's side. I can reach my fingers up and move it around which settles it and fixes the sound but I haven't yet been able to get any epoxy up there. It's a tight fit. Have you noticed this one as well?
zephyrzone is offline   Reply With Quote