View Single Post
Old 09-19-2015, 10:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
rlharris
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370Z Sport M6
rlharris is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamBamZ View Post
I can't say the same for me... I've lost all respect for modern Nissan's. I work at Tesla and we have our share of issues, But regardless how many miles the cars have if something goes wrong with it. We wan't to know if it's a common problem and will make changes immediately after a solution is found and if a car built prior to the fix has the issue it will be repaired within 48 hours.

Maybe i'm expecting a much larger car manufacturer to fess up and put out a fix is too much, As opposed to the company I work for where reputation is everything.

I can't afford a Model S, But I may be able to afford the Model 3 when it comes out. Depending on range, style, power and handling it may be my next car... If not I'll gladly go back to Toyota. In my family we have 4 Toyota's that have been through hell and back and still manage to keep on going, I traded in a Tacoma X-Runner (we had 5 at one point) that gave me 120K miles without a single issue, It never saw a tow truck... Only things it really needed were oil changes, brake pads and rotors, air filters, spark plugs at 90K miles and a few sets of tires... original everything else.

I think if I had the pink slip to my car, It would be back on a dealer lot right now... The 370Z is a sexy car, I love the power and handling but I can't drive it without wondering when something will break and how much will I sink in to it in 5 years when it's finally paid off
Reputation is everything with Elon. You have to keep the stock price at 190,000 times forward earnings and every little blip [battery fire, etc] one car has the stock dives 5% in a day. Tesla is also still a young company that has no laurels to sit their fat executive board asses on. It's apples to pears.

I have no doubt that any forum of any of the majors there are hundreds of threads exactly like this one, all well deserved complaints, but we'll never live in a perfect world and the world will never give us perfect cars. So in the meantime I'll just buy the one that gives me goose bumps at what I'd consider a very affordable price point. Unfortunately I love the nurse shark grill on my 10' way more than the new look, but I do like the new Nismo more than any of the previous ones. It's far more mature and less "street tuner" looking, so that might be my next Z, in Silver ;o}
rlharris is offline   Reply With Quote