Thread: YzGyz's turn!
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2015, 03:53 PM   #217 (permalink)
YzGyz
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 Nismo
YzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond repute

Last night's track day was fun. Won some and lost some. 1/8th mile leave little room for error on the launch. I don't get a chance to catch up at the back end since it's so short. I got about 8 or 9 runs in. Best time was like 8.59sec and 60" of something like 2.1 or something like that.

Anyhoo, I woke up a little early today and tinkered with the current project again. I tossed the old stuff that wrapped the EBC and AFR. I went out to HD and bought a pipe. It fits almost perfect. I had to scrape away the inside rib to allow the AFR to slide all the way through. You an sand it down but it takes forever. IF your using a electric sander of some kind, if you go too fast, it melts and you end up with a blob to sand down.

I then cut slits on the side so I can slide my mounting plate through.

A week ago, I had built a long rectangle out of card stock that was a little bigger than the EBC. I tried my best to support the inside of the rectangle so that it would retain it's shape during glassing. I did ok I guess. I was lady and glassed the whole thing at once. It almost became a fail!. I the gresin and glass is too heavy and not tacky enough to stay on the paper rectangle. I ended up shoring the outside up with more cardstock to keep the glassing form sloping off and deforming. You can see in the pic how it tuned out. I have a few spots missing of resin or holes but I will fix that with some body filler.

Here is a quick layout of how things will sit. Some of the OEM gauges will be a little blocked and harder to read but I could not get thigns to fit closer. The AFR and EBC require room in the back for wires and vacuum line (vacuum cant have kinks or anything).

Anyhoo, I'm having a break for not. It's too not outside to tinker. I might work on it more later. I might not.

YzGyz
YzGyz is offline   Reply With Quote